We have developed a range of sponsorship packages which we hope will be of interest to many of our partners across industry and higher education. Opportunities include being the headline sponsor for the entire event, hosting the prize-giving reception, displaying your organisation or product as part of our exhibition space and sponsoring one or more of the various prizes on offer to participants.
Supporting the conference
HEADLINE CONFERENCE SPONSOR
Opportunity to host a stakeholder reception
Opportunity to address delegates of the conference
Listed as ‘in partnership with’ on all conference materials
Prominent logo visibility
One page (A4) in conference guide
One page profile with logo in delegate guide
Opportunity for post event student initiative (by arrangement)
Five delegate places at the conference
Post event follow up communication with delegates
PRIZE GIVING RECEPTION
Opportunity to host a prize giving reception
Your logo on the conference materials accompanied by the words ‘prize giving reception supported by’
Exhibition space within an area allocated for the prize giving reception
Half page profile and logo in the conference programme and delegate guide
Three delegate places at the conference
Exhibition Space in a vibrant position during the conference
Insert (A4) included in the conference guide
Two delegate places at the conference
Sponsor these UWS Conference Prizes
- Best first year lay summary abstract in the research thematic areas of Health – £100
- Best first year lay summary abstract in the research thematic areas of Society – £100
- Best first year lay summary abstract in the research thematic areas of Sustainability – £100
- Best second year research conference poster in the research thematic areas of Health – £200
- Best second year research conference poster in the research thematic areas of Society – £200
- Best second year research conference poster in the research thematic areas of Sustainability – £200
UWS Research Student Three Minute Thesis
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT) is an academic competition delivered by the University of Queensland, Australia. The competition rules are simple – UWS postgraduate research students have three minutes and one slide to present a really interesting topic to an ‘intelligent, lay’ audience and a judging panel (without props, gimmicks, singing, acting or dancing).
- Overall Winner – £300 (top prize)
- Winner for the people’s choice – £200
Research Output Prize
- Overall Winner – £300 (judged by a panel of UWS professors)
- Delegate’s poster choice – £100
This would be voted on by delegates. This would include the Research Students as above and other poster submissions e.g. UWS Staff Posters on the themes of the conference.
- Staff Prize – Integrating Research and Learning – £200
Awarded for the UWS staff contributor who demonstrates the most innovative and clear integration of their research into the curriculum to inform their teaching practice and students’ learning.
- Staff and student co-presenter prize – Integrating Research and Learning – £200
This prize is for the joint staff and student presentation which demonstrates the most innovative and clear integration of research into the curriculum to inform their teaching and students’ learning.
We are preparing an exciting programme of keynote speakers, presentations and workshops for this year’s conference. The schedule is subject to change at the moment, so keep an eye on this page for the most up-to-date information.
UWS Annual Learning, Teaching & Research Conference
Bridging Boundaries: Connecting Learning, Teaching & Research
26-27 June 2019
University of the West of Scotland
Hamilton International Technology Park
Tel: +44(0)141 848 3000